Spirit of Winter . . . by Annie Hale

Published on: Author: bette 4 Comments

I wrote Spirit of Winter at a time when I was trying to make my way in the work force in a predominately male career.  I was working in aerospace as a security specialist and attending college at night.  I was alone at the time and raising four sons.

Twenty five years later, I find there is much to remember about La Loba, the old one, The One Who Knows. Her home is the place in which the spirit of women and the spirit of wolf meet. The resurrection of the Wild Woman. So with that, I share a poem I wrote 25 years ago:

CLICK HERE: Spirit of Winter

11949311_835779299869587_2112180501625284196_n

4 Responses to Spirit of Winter . . . by Annie Hale Comments (RSS) Comments (RSS)

• You’re welcome! I really love doing it especially when people leave comments and we can start conversations. I love that you wrote this 25 years ago and it’s still relevant. I think that’s what I’m trying to do with my website/blogs …

That made me think of Erickson’s “Psychological Stages.” (OMG … I’m obsessive … I had to look them up … LOVE Google!)

There are 8 stages and most of us are moving out of what he calls Generativity vs. Stagnation (ages 40-65). That’s when we “establish careers, settle down within relationships, begin families and develop a sense of being a part of the bigger picture.”

The next stage is called Ego Integrity vs. Despair. (65+). He says that’s when we slow down on our productivity and contemplate our accomplishments. We are able to develop integrity if we see ourselves as leading a successful life.

I really think that’s why we want to write. Whether it’s memoir, poetry, fiction … or self-help (my obsession) … it all helps us reflect on our experiences and pass them on to others.

Ok … now what was I doing before I started this???? :-)!