The House on River Road . . . by Shirley Hyatt

Published on: Author: bette 4 Comments

If you have read any of my stories, you’ll see that I am fascinated by houses of all varieties. For me, they have personalities that are quite aside from the people who inhabit them. In my experience, very few houses have had only one owner so there is an accumulation of fingerprints, voices, emotions that remain. Are houses haunted? I think so, but not always in a bad way. Have you ever walked into a house and said to yourself, “I could live here.” Or perhaps, “I must live here.”

This is that kind of story.     The House on River Road

4 Responses to The House on River Road . . . by Shirley Hyatt Comments (RSS) Comments (RSS)

1. I love your idea of a series of stories about houses! One of these days I want to tell you the story of our little house on Wharf Street … and maybe you’ll get an idea or two.

By the way … I also had a question about something in the story that was a bit confusing. I’ll post that after I see if you get this one! :-)!

• My question had to do with the shift to her husband (around page 3?) … I had to think about that. It became obvious very quickly but might make it smoother to have more of a transition (???)