Desert Spring . . . by Pete Chasar

Published on: Author: bette 3 Comments

On a 100-degree day in 1987 I went searching for a spring in Scottsdale’s McDowell Mountains. In part, my search for that spring was an attempt to learn once and for all if Arizona was trying to kill or embrace me.

My experiences that day are pivotal in Desert Spring, the book that traces my personal journey from a New Jersey/Manhattan commuter to a newcomer to the West, then a serious hiker, and finally a passionate advocate for preservation of the McDowell Mountains.

CLICK HERE:  Sample e-Book Version

CLICK HERE to BUY:  DESERT SPRING

CLICK HERE: MY WEBSITE

3 Responses to Desert Spring . . . by Pete Chasar Comments (RSS) Comments (RSS)

1. In addition to a site listed here, hard copies of my book can be purchased at Gold Beach Books or by contacting me from here or my website. Chetco Library also has it.

• I sent this link to my friend Micki McFadden … who at this moment is celebrating her birthday in Scottsdale. She grew up there … is an avid hiker … and I think would love your book. Yesterday she posted on Facebook from Los Alivos in Scottsdale. (She said it had been there “forever” … so I figured you might know about it. )

Micki is a playwright who writes under the name “Micki Shelton.” I think I’m going to add a link to her page on the “BLOGROLL” … and may change the name of that to “Links We Like”… I’ll put your webpage up there too.

• I do remember Los Olivos, though only there a couple of times in the mid-nineties. Mostly when I go back, I try to spend some time in the mountains. But the “wildness” experience is gone now that it’s a formal preserve with real trails, other amenities, and more people.