My Changing Reflection . . . by Linda

Published on: Author: bette 7 Comments

There’s a part of me that can’t believe I had the feelings expressed in this poem. My single life has always been a tug- of- war. It would go from fun times to times of deep reflection. The decade of the 90’s to about 2005 was my writing time. I can’t seem to write today because the depth of emotion isn’t there. Sometimes I felt as if the words just came through me as if a force within was doing the writing.  When I read my poetry today, I’m very surprised that those thoughts came from me or through me. It’s as if someone else wrote the words.

CLICK HERE:  My Changing Reflection

7 Responses to My Changing Reflection . . . by Linda Comments (RSS) Comments (RSS)

1. Hi Linda! Thank you for your email and I have no idea why you weren’t on the subscription list! I thought I put you on when you gave me this poem. Since you were the first comment I’m assuming that you will be notified when I post this one. Berma and Kathi should also be notified … and I’d love to know if it works.

I have two more new things to post … but the first thing I’m going to do is to repost Angela’s podcasts of “Nine O’Clock Horses.”

I’m thinking of starting a new page and list the people who are subscribed. I think one of the problems might be that people are reluctant to post comments because they don’t know who is reading. Just a thought … but would love to know what you think.

THANKS for checking back!

2. Thank you for your insightful comments. I’ve shared my poetry with very few people. It now feels free to do so.

Bette, we’ve had a long, winding journey together sharing our story. We still discuss some of the same issues, but we do have new experiences with more awareness and wisdom. May this journey keep continuing……….

3. PS … Maybe 1989 feels like yesterday because we seem to be having the same talks about “life, love, and the pursuit of happiness” 26 years later! HA!!! I loved the time with you and Dianah in Palm Springs and hope to see you before we go back to Brookings.

4. Thanks for sharing this, Linda . . . and welcome as the first long-distance contributor to Artists in Community! When I got this poem I had forgotten you had told me it was was written so many years ago. The year 1989 came as a bit of a shock! It seems like yesterday when you and I were sitting at the Doubletree drinking wine and trying to understand life, love … and the pursuit of happiness … LOL! I’m not sure we ever figured it out but I hope that we’ve at least had some fun trying! Love you lots!

5. A poem worth revisiting. Life is transitions, some gradual and some sudden. It is hard to say which are better–the slow cause anxiety, the sudden cause other emotions. 😀

• Hi Kathi …

My life is finally settling down a bit and I’m making some changes in how this site works. I’ve explained it on the “ABOUT” page … click on the upper right corner.

I asked you to send one of the more recent articles that you published in the Faith Forum and am going back through my email to see if I already have it. Maybe you can send it again???

6. Thank you for sharing. My mind and outlook seems fairly constant, it is a surprise, now and then, to see my reflection and realize how I have aged. Then I run a comb through my hair and get on with the day. 🙂