My Trees . . . by Leila

Published on: Author: bette 4 Comments

This is the first five chapters of  My Trees. 

1. Silence of the Trees
  2. Safe Am I
  3. Gifts of the Trees
  4. The Witness of the Trees
  5. Trees and Property Lines

Chapter 6 will be called:  One Day at a Time–Coping with the Loss of the Trees

CLICK HERE:  My Trees

4 Responses to My Trees . . . by Leila Comments (RSS) Comments (RSS)

1. I commented above, and I realize that I commented in the wrong spot. Thank you for the input into my life and creativity. One lesson that I learned when I attended your writing group with my neighbor, and that was to write each day or as often as possible. I am amazed at how many people read my writings on Facebook. We often think that we are alone in the hard things and the joys we experience, only to find that by sharing them we are not alone and can encourage others.

2. I think that what you are doing here is profound, and that it is helping people who are creative to express themselves and even to see themselves published.

There is a sequel to The Trees — I was so overcome with grief at the time of having the trees cut down that this group helped me through that time by helping me to express that grief in words. Since then we sold our home there and the trees that were left, and our liability insurance paid $8,600 out to the folks who sued us — and I was told that that covered the neighbor’s legal fees mostly; however they got a new roof and deck which they badly needed, and I am glad for that outcome for them. The deck was so bad that their little girl could fall through it if she went out on it. I also chose to not be bitter or angry and when my hurt came to mind, I blessed them and prayed for their good. I prayed that the man and his wife would be happy with each other and that they would have joy with their children and they would have enough food to eat and that they would have good health. Each time a resentful or angry thought would come to mind I would instead pray for them and bless them. I now have no thoughts of revenge or anger any more. We have a new home in Grants Pass that is fully paid for. We have no garden to speak of, and our bills are all paid. We carry a good lability insurance policy on our new home. I try daily to live at peace and live with the lessons I learned from the trees.

• I love the way you processed the difficult experience with your trees. You’re so right that sometimes we learn a lot more from the hard times than from the easy times!

Don’t worry at this point about posting comments in the “wrong” place. I’m really just trying to figure out how this all works myself. I have it set (I think) to display the newest comments first … but that can become confusing.

Lots to learn! :-)!

3. Hi Leila …

Thanks for commenting on the post about Annie’s book. Notice that I posted “My Trees” on Nov. 19, 2013. Almost 2 years ago! At that time this site was just an experiment and I had no idea what I was doing.

Yesterday I had lunch with Shirley Hyatt (“The House”) and Angela Ewing – the woman who hosts “Artistic License” (the monthly gathering where Annie presented her book.) They are both very interested in the potential of “Artists in Community” as an on-line way of interacting with other local (and not-so-local) writers.

So … since I’m going to move ahead with this I want to go back and contact everyone who has already posted. It’s VERY easy for me to make any changes … from little corrections to deleting a whole post. I’m also going to include last names on the names in the list of CATEGORIES. I’ll let everyone know who is subscribed so we’ll all know who our audience is.

If you reply to this you should be notified if I reply back. I’ll probably delete this whole conversation. If you want me to make ANY changes to any of your writing, just let me know by commenting on this …